Sunday, March 22, 2009

Baptism Invitations....

Okay, so for two weekends in a row we have tried to get a great picture of Katie at the temple. The first Saturday we were there she got a little frustrated with the whole process and told us enough was enough. I know, not Katie. If you have figured out Katie's personality yet, that is just how it goes and there is no talking her into more. So, I decided the next weekend while we were out in Mesa getting haircuts, we should stop and take some more. Well, with a little promising of a Sonic Oreo Blast it was a done deal. Except I just had to stop at a fabulous scrapbook store for supplies for my crazy idea to make Katie her own baptism book. (haven't even started it yet - YIKES!) While at the store she tells me her tummy isn't feeling good. I told her it was just because we haven't had anything for lunch and that she will be okay. And, that was the end of that.
Now, knowing my kids track record I should know better. And should have started for home with a very big cup in the car just in case. But no, I just had to stop and take pictures at the temple. So, that is just what we did. We got her in the dress and got one picture (which wasn't good at all) and start to walk over by the visitor center, when it happened. She started to put her hands to her mouth, I'm having flashes of Oreo all over this beautiful white dress, and I start to pull her hair back and the dress back. Now, it is Saturday at the Temple and there are Brides everywhere taking pictures. And, there is Katie chucking into a bush. So sorry Temple ground workers and brides.
The dress did okay until Katie decided she had to fling the stuff off her hands.
Dry cleaner here we come.
So, this is the picture we went with. With a little cropping it turned out pretty good. Wish I was made of money and could send one to everyone of our friends, but no such luck on that one. So, for all those who care Katie's baptism is this Saturday.
We are so excited. And, I'm having many emotions. This is my last one to be baptized. Time sure does go by fast. Next thing I know I'm going to have my oldest driving and dating. YIKES!- not ready for that one. But we love to tease Kacee about it and have told her who we would love to see her second date with. (Jolene we'll have to talk) The first date will be with her DAD!

15 comments:

Jolene said...

I am feeling your pain. I can't believe my youngest will be baptized in a couple of months. We can't be this old!

Laci said...

She looks beautiful as ever! We're so sad to miss the big day, but hope to see you guys soon!! We love you! Laci and gang

DavidandMariAnn said...

So sorry about all the picture trauma! Poor girl! I hate it when kids are sick! She looks soooo beautiful! Congrats on your baptism!

Tiffany said...

Poor girl, and poor mom :) She looks beautiful in the picture!!!

jeni said...

Oh no. Poor Katie. Glad the dress didn't get it too bad. She looks adorable in the pic!!

Jennifer said...

All the drama was worth it because she looks so cute in the picture! Allison loves the headband. Sorry we can't be there for the special day. Congrats, Katie!

kathee said...

Beautiful picture!!! I might just have to have it blown into poster size for Carter!!!

Varney Family said...

We were out of town! Sorry we missed it! Congrats Katie - and you too momma!The pictures turned out beautiful!

Unknown said...

1 word.... BEAUTIFUL! she is so pretty!

Megan said...

Katie looks adorable! Sean and I are looking forward to seeing you all this weekend.

Vegasarnolds said...

The kids are counting down the days till we leave for Katie's house! (Cross your fingers we get an earlier start than we did when we came for Emmalee's Baptism! By the way, Madelyn wants to know if the waterslide will be set up since she missed out on it when we were there!) And Katie, good choice on the dress, it's beautiful!!

Eric and Breanna Graham said...

she's so stinkin' cute! I think you did a great job as the photog! Your story sounds like mine when I think i'm going to take pics of my kids. It's ALWAYS a disaster! Miss you guys!

Victoria Renae said...

Congrats Katie! Personaly I love the whole set-up-Kacee thing. That would definitely give her a reason to get out more often. ;)

Alishia said...

You are so lucky that the dress was OK. The picture turned out great!! Sorry we missed it, we were in Las Vegas that weekend. Dalin sure misses Katie and loved to get her picture in the mail! Can we hook them up for Katie's second date. I'm all for that!

Brittaney said...

I am sad I missed the baptism, I bet it was beautiful! That is an awful story but she looks so pretty in her dress. I miss seeing you guys at church. I wish you lived closer cuz I just got called as an activities day leader and I would probably get to teach Em and eventually Katie. So sad but love you all!