Tuesday, December 30, 2008

December


December has been such a busy month for us. I'm just going to write a big update so our family can remember all that we did.
We had to have our house all decorated for Christmas before we left for our Knotts Berry Farm family reunion. The Young Women in our ward had their Christmas party at our house the Tuesday after Thanksgiving. Then came the ever anticipated - Kacee's 14th birthday!! Hurray!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I felt a lot older that day. My oldest is 14 and can go to Stake Dances. Yikes - boys dancing with my little girl. I don't think I'm ready for that. She had 10 teenage friends come sleepover, and I watched 5 of my nieces & nephews the same weekend. I think by that night I had 19 kids in my house. Thank Heavens for DIET COKE!!!!
Then Eric's 12th birthday came 3 days later. And he and I were sick. Good thing we celebrated a day earlier. He was ordained a Deacon the following Sunday. My parents came out for it along with Kurt's parents and his sister's family. We are so thankful for all that made the trip to support Eric.
The next Sunday was so special. When you only have one son, you enjoy all the moments. Because they won't come again. So, I was an emotional wreck, and cried all through the passing of the sacrament. Eric you did such a great job passing the sacrament, and I'm so proud of you. Kurt was asked to pass that Sunday and they asked him to stand next to Eric. I know Kurt was very proud that day.
Then we had our Jensen family Christmas party and white elephant gift exchange. We really look forward to this party. My kids love going to the dollar store and buying their gifts. Kurt and I found good ones this year. I was on the hunt for a big ugly bra. But, instead we found KY warming jell, a dvd to learn how to belly dance, cds with romantic songs. And, who was the lucky one to get some of our items - My nephew who has been home off his mission for about 6 months. We all had a good laugh and loved watching his face turn 4 shades of red. But the best part was to have the surprise of Kurt's older sister Karne, her husband, and their son come down from Sedona for the party.
Our Winter break has gone by to fast and I'm not ready to go back to work. It has been a fun December.

2 comments:

SBrooks said...

Sounds fun and busy~! Hope you had a great Christmas! Happy New Year!

Jennifer said...

Eric is passing the sacrament! Wish I could have seen the tears. I'm sure I will be the same way in a few years. Glad your family had a good Christmas. Thanks for calling us that night.