Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Kacee, Eric and Verrado Track!
















These were long, hot afternoons.
We just loved watching Eric running against the big 7th and 8th graders. This was his first season. He always tried his hardest and that is what counts. He always would say, " I did my best".
Kacee couldn't decided if she wanted to do track again this year. She really was missing her friend and track buddy from last year - Lexi. I had to remind her that she lived on the other side of town. She finally decided to run and I was so excited. I just love to watch track. I had a great PE teacher in 7th grade that got me interested in running hurdles and ran them every spring till my Junior year.
Kacee had a great season. She ran the hurdles, 100m, long jump, and triple jump. She did so good. She made the semi finals, and alternate for the finals in long jump. This was the first year their school had a track team and the girls team took 1st at the finals. We were so proud of them.
Eric's good friend Colby Clifford ran also. So the other perk to the season was to be able to spend the time watching the kids run with such good friends and company. We all had many laughs and drinks from sonic. What could be better?!

3 comments:

Jennifer said...

Great job Kacee and Eric! Uncle Earl would be so proud!

kathee said...

Those were fun times!!! Except for when I was totally scared I was going to get mugged.....

Kurt, Christine and kids said...

Kath - that is the truth. I think we were all scared of getting mugged. Good thing our trusted police officer was always there. haha!