Thursday, June 25, 2009

Oh, a camping they will go!!!


It's Girls Camp time. They left last Monday. And, Kacee and Brittany were so excited to be going, even though they weren't going to LoMia. (at least, that is what they wanted their mom's to think.) I know Kacee was. It was a little different this year for Kacee. I was suppose to go with our ward, but I decided about a week before everyone was to be going that I needed to stay home and get things ready for our house to go up for sale. I've been lucky to go with Kacee the last 2 yrs., and attend girls camp for 6yrs in a row. Saying things were a little different for our house is an understatement.
So, Sis.Eich was the lucky one to take my place. I'm so glad she got to go. She is our 1st coun. in yw. She never went to girls camp as a yw, so this brought all sorts of fun excitement for her and the girls. I'm sure some of the girls were wanting to show her all the things she missed as a youth. Like how to get your pants stuck on a fence as you are climbing back over it from going in the woods. haha!!
As a ward we decided to sew the famous backpacks that we have made in our old ward for girls camp. They really turned out cute. This picture doesn't do them justice. I was sewing 23 backpacks and Bishops gift from the girls till 2am on Sunday night before they all left. But, hey that is what we do. If I hadn't been sewing, I would have been packing till that late. Some things never change. The ward theme was LION KING.
Each girls and leader in YWs and Cabin moms decorated a square. Then I sewed material around them and put it together. It really turned out cute. I would love to someday learn how to get them all to square up. They were a little off. Hope our Bishop loved it.

1 comment:

morag said...

You made me feel warm all over when I read about the movie watch. Such special shared memories.

Love, Grandma