Thursday, June 18, 2009

Our Family Update....

Well, the school year has ended. Summer has started and I'm already pulling my hair out some days. The phrase, "can I have _______ come over to play?" everyday, multiple times gets old. But, I love having the kids home.
Kacee graduated from 8th grade and is now an official Freshman in high school. YIKES!!! I'm feeling old. Kurt and I finally took our dream vacation for our 16 Anniversary - a cruise to the Bahamas. Still wish I was on that boat. It was os amazing. And, Kacee and Eric are off to girls camp and scout camp.
Kacee will be going to EFY and then is hoping to get to Utah in July to visit Uncle Brian, Auntie Laci and the girls. But really it boils down to Kacee just misses her cousin Cami so much. If we could live next door it wouldn't be close enough. What a blessing to have such great Uncles and Aunts that set good examples and love my kids for who they are.
But the hardest news for our family thus far - just before we left on our cruise Kurt was told his facility that he manages is going to be closed. The company that he works for was bought out in January and the new company doesn't want to keep the small facilities open. So as of the middle of July he will be out of work again. Two times in two years is so much fun. Not really. So, we are putting our house up for sale, and aren't sure where the Lord is going to take us next. But, we have faith it will all work out.
We are torn. We want to go back to Mesa to be closer to all of Kurt's family and our friends. But, we also want to go to Utah to be closer to Christine's family. Not to mention having four seasons, one of which has much cooler summers, sounds good too. Time will tell. Say lots of prayers for us.

3 comments:

Jennifer said...

It's been awhile. Thanks for the family update. Glad you enjoyed your cruise! Sounds so fun! So sorry to hear about Kurt's job. I'm sure everything will work out where ever you choose to go. We'll keep you in our prayers.

Laci said...

You will be blessed I am sure.......we are praying for you guys. And, of course we are crossing our fingers for Utah!! We miss you guys and tell Kacee that tomorrow isn't soon enough for Cam!! xoxo

kathee said...

Well, you saw me through our trial with that situation, thank you for that. I think you should be blessed for all you and Kurt did for us by getting a job up here in Utah!! P.S. Drown your sorrows in Senor Taco, it always helped me when I was down.....