Sunday, November 2, 2008

What a fabulous weekend!!!




What a fast and fabulous weekend!!! I wanted to get this up tonight before my week just slipped away from me.
My niece was suppose to have been baptized last month, but she became so very sick the weekend of her baptism. So they had to post pone it to November. Hurray for us, we got to go. My brother Jason and my sister Kim and her 3 kids came up from Vegas. It was so good to see them.

Our family decided it would be lots of fun to surprise my brother Brian and his family. Needless to say, my sister n law had a very hard week and my mom told her we were coming hoping that it would add some happiness into her week. Laci, I hope it helped. She kept it a secret from her girls and boy were they surprised on Saturday when they pulled into Papa & Grandma's driveway. I don't thing there were enough hugs given out when we all saw each other.
We started the day by getting to go watch my niece play soccer. That brought back so many fun memories of my soccer days. She is such a great player and even scored a goal. Her auntie was just a little excited. I'm sure all of St. George could hear me cheering. (that is what Kurt would say.) Her team won and she was very excited. I couldn't wait to give her a "high five".

Then we were all off to the baptism. My niece looked beautiful. Her Grandma Trudy made the dress and Auntie Christine sent the jewelry. (I'm so glad my sweet friend Deana shared her talent of jewelry making with me. So I could bling out my niece. Thanks Deana) She woke up Saturday morning not feeling so great, I'm sure someone was really trying to work hard against her, so she would have to wait longer. But, my niece did not want to do that. I'm so proud of her and her decision to be baptized. The baptism was perfect. Thanks Madison for letting us be a part of your special day and your life. I'm so lucky to have you as my niece. You are a great example to all of us. I love you.
The weather was just beautiful. I really didn't want to come back. We got the cool fall weather I've been praying for, and some rain last night and today driving home. I was truly in heaven. The thunder was so loud it woke me and all the kids up. Our visits with my brother Brian and his family never seems to be long enough. We sure do miss you already. My four cute nieces have said that they are going to start looking at jobs for Uncle Dirt (Kurt). This should be interesting. I'll have to post about what they come up with. We would love to move back to Utah and live closer to them and my parents. We all have dreams.

4 comments:

Precious Wonders and Little Monkeys said...

Congrats to your neice! I had to save the family photo... it is great! Oh and the kids looked like they had a fabulous time over Halloween... I'm still catching up from vacation last week. Big Hugs to everyone... I'm feeling a bit home/family sick. =0) Sara

Laci said...

It was soooooooooo fun to have you guys with us! Thanks again for making that effort. We take our Jensen dose whenever we can get it! Love you guys so much!!! p.s Sonic was Isabelle's suggestion for Uncle Dirt yesterday......I died laughing!!! We're trying!

Varney Family said...

I love the pictures! Everyone looks like they had a great time with all the family :) We suer miss you guys. Please come visit soon!!

DavidandMariAnn said...

What a great thing to go and surprise Laci and Brian for the baptism! Congrats to Madison on her baptism!
How cute are their daughters for wanting you closer! PRICELESS!!