Friday, September 26, 2008

School Days:

Everyday after school I ask the kids about their day. Today Emmalee and Katie gave me some fun answers, that just made me laugh. They really pick up on some interesting things.
Our conversation :

Me: Girls how was your day?
Katie: Um, good. I got a 4 with no "time outs".
Me: That is so good. I'm really proud of you, you've gone 3 weeks with all 4's.(We've had a rocky start this yr with Katie. I keep telling myself that it is just because we've moved and she is checking out the new school/teacher to see how much she can get away with. But really I know it is just Katie being Katie.)
So, tell me something you heard today. And, what was your favorite thing you did today.
Katie: I heard lots of things today mom.
Me: Like what?
Katie: Like, kids screaming and singing. Like this...... (then at the top of her lungs she lets us hear what she heard. And, we were in the car driving. Oh, and it was right by my ear. I think I'm deaf now!)
Me: Why were kids screaming and singing?
Katie: Mom, da. We were at recess. There were lots of kids screaming and me and my friends were singing jump rope songs.
Me: Oh. Well, singing jump rope songs sounds like lots of fun. Do you like to jump rope more than play on the monkey bars?
Katie: Yeah. And, my favorite thing we did today was Math.
Me: Good. I'm so glad you like to learn math.
Me: Emmy, what about you?
Emmy: I heard car alarms and I don't know what my favorite thing was today.
Me: Why car alarms? That is kinda weird.
Emmy: Mom, my class is not far from the parking lot.
Me: Oh, I now that. (Da, I guess I'm not all that with it.)

It will be interesting/scary to hear how Kacee and Eric would answer these questions. I might not be able to post them. I'm sure they hear things that they know I don't want to hear. I feel so bad for them.

2 comments:

Deana & Ryan Bitter said...

Sounds like the kids have adjusted - how bout you? I hope you guys have made alot of friends there, but I gotta tell ya, the neighborhood it different without you guys in it!

Lexi said...

u should definetly tell us about kacee's day, sense she does not call any more! also still looking forward to kacee's crazy hair day picture:)!

tell her i said HI!