Monday, October 20, 2008

WORKING! ugh..

Started work last Monday at an Elementary school out here working with Autistic kids. They are so cute, but what a long week it was. It is so hard to get use to that life again after having the summer off. Even though the summer was nothing normal for our family. My house seems to be more cluttered and I feel a little more blonde these days. haha! But it will all come back together soon. So my posts will most likely be far and few between, but we are going to try to keep up on them.
So, funny story from school last week:
We had our kids out at recess with all the kinders when a little girl started having a conversation with me and another aide. She asked us our names and she told us hers. Then she told us that she had been sick during fall break. I told her I was sorry to hear that, and asked if she had had the flu. She said, "No, but my nose was sick." And I said, "Oh, your nose was sick?" She said, "Yes, my nose was sick with boogies!"
I thought it was pretty funny and just wanted to share it. Kids will say and share the most interesting stories. Hope everyone has a great week...

3 comments:

Eric and Breanna Graham said...

I absolutly love the things kids say. You need to keep sharing.

Alishia said...

It was so nice to visit with you guys last week! Although it made me miss you even more. Tell Eric that the twins are fighting over putting the circles in their push toys like he taught them. Tell him he needs to come back and teach them how to do the other shapes.

I have told your story of the girl's sick nose to several people. It is so cute! You'll have to make sure her mom hears the story. It is journal worthy, for sure!!

Anonymous said...

WOW! Long time! How the heck ru guys?!! :) Kids have gotten so big! Hope we can catch up! Jen