Monday, August 4, 2008

1st Day of School...UGH & Hurray!!

So, today was the first day of school for everyone. I was excited and so sad to have them go. New area, new school. So, nervous for them all. So, I was never one of the moms that cried when their kid went off to Kindergarten. I was so excited for them, they were always ready to go. But today as they all left, and I walked Emmy to her class and said goodbye then did the same for Katie, I have to tell you that I had tears in my eyes. I just wanted to take them all back home with me. Plus now I have to take care of our 2 little dogs. UGH.. Can't wait to have them home to hear all about the day. Eric got to go to middle school. He was pretty nervous about having to change classrooms for every class and having to be up on campus with all the big 7th & 8th graders for 2 classes. Kurt got to drop Kacee and Eric off at the bus stop, he was so excited. He has never gotten to help take the kids to school. He's either been at school or working. So this will be fun for all to have Dad helping everyone get to school.

I have to say thanks to some great girls from my ward. I was invited to go to breakfast after everyone was in school. We ate IHOP!! - YUMMY It was so fun getting to know them, can't wait to do more with them. I really needed to get out with the girls! Fun times.

I'll have to post pictures later, not very savvy where that is concerned. Need Kacee for that. It's so sad that I need my daughter to show my how to do all this. Oh well, you live and you learn.

11 comments:

Heather said...

Hope your kids had a great first day! I will link you to my bloggin' buddy list! It will be fun to see what you guys are up too. Post a pic of your new place. Good luck settling in and getting unpacked, that is the fun part decorating a blank canvas! :) i guess it may not be fun for all though, I don't like the painting part.

Deana & Ryan Bitter said...

So glad you caved and became a blogger! Don't fell bad... Kendree and Saedra FAR surpass me with their computer skilz! We soooo miss you guys across the street, but hope you're enjoying your new neighborhood and ward.

Deana & Ryan Bitter said...

I meant FEEL bad, not FELL bad :O. I do hope you don't fell bad too though!

Deana & Ryan Bitter said...

I meant FEEL bad, not FELL bad :O. I do hope you don't fell bad too though!

Deana & Ryan Bitter said...

See, I have no computer skilz - I'm such a dork!

Shelby said...

First day of school is always hard for me. I think I get more nervous - will the teacher like them, be nice to them, will they have friends? My kids do better than me and I just go calm my nerves with Diet Coke!! Glad you have a blog so we can keep up with your family!

Laci said...

We thought about you guys all day yesterday. Gma tried called, but no answer. Hope things went well for all the kids. I can only imagine. You really have had the summer haven't you! I am soooooo not ready for the girls to go. Not one bit and I already feel like crying just thinking about it. Life....it is good :) xoxoxo Laci and gang

Varney Family said...

So you are linked to us as well on our blog! We miss you guys and all the kids - even Porter- has asked where you are and when youa re coming back :-( Congrats on getting them off to school without losing it too bad! Tonight was meet the teacher and I'm still having a hard time. Love and miss you tons.

Alishia said...

I'm so glad you have joined us. It's about time. I'm so jealous that you were at IHOP without me. I miss you! I said a little prayer for your kiddos. They'll all have friends before they know it!

Erin said...

Hey it was so good to hear from you!!! Glad you guys are getting settled in...can't wait to see a pic of the new house! It will be fun to check in on ya and see what you guys are up to. Still haven't done much on our yard...but I am sure we will be calling Kurt for more of his expertise (it will be a good excuse to have you guys over). Hope the kids are liking their new schools...knowing your kids the friends will come quickly. Take care friend and hang in there!!!!

Renae said...

I'm glad you are all settled in and making new friends. We went to meet the teacher tonight and Emma got Mrs. Galen!! Woo Hoo! We miss you guys and hope things are settling down.