Monday, August 18, 2008

HOT,HOT,HOT!!!!

Okay, I have to post twice today. It is to hot. I'm so tired of this heat. When will it ever end? The weekend that we moved into the house our A/C stopped working. UGH!! Thank heavens for home warranties. We went that weekend without it and the company came to fix it on Monday. It works, Yeah! Well, that only lasted till last Friday. 2 1/2 weeks, how can that be. I was getting ready to go the the temple last Friday and man was it hot. I look at the temp thingie for the house and it's 97 inside. So, we try to call and get another repair guy Sat morning and they have 12 other calls that day and told us they can't get to us. So, we went all weekend without air. HOT,HOT, HOT I tell you. No one should have to go through this.
So, they told me they would be out first thing Monday. They lied. When they hadn't showed up at Noon today, I called. They had no record of the warranty call from Sat. And even better, they couldn't find our other paper work from coming 2 1/2 wks ago. What the holy crap!!!! So a phone call to the warranty company and I'm told the company can't come till Tues morning between 7-730am. I'm right in the middle of getting everyone ready for school, scriptures and prayer, how am I going to do this. But fine I really need air.
Then the owner calls me direct. His office new I wasn't happy. For 15 min he's trying to figure out who I was, & why he couldn't find paper work on my house. I told him I have copies of the repair invoices and I need this fixed today like I was told on Sat. I've got young kids & this isn't okay. I shouldn't have to call his company back. I got a repair guy this afternoon, but it still isn't fixed. It's kinda blowing cold air, hopefully we'll get some sleep tonight. Now he thinks its a frozen relay in the air handler in the attic. Lucky him. I'm not sure he really knows what he's talking about. So, the saga goes on. Kacee and Emmalee told me that this wouldn't have happened if we had stayed in the old house. They love to just remind me that they want to move back, even though they are slowly adjusting.

4 comments:

Varney Family said...

I think I'd die!!! How you kept from ripping their heads off only you know...I'm sure I would have taught my kids a few new words for their vocab as well. Hang in there and I pray it gets fixed soon!!! I'm siding with the girls...just cuzz we miss you :)

Laci said...

Wish I could swoop you guys up and bring you to Cedar......weather is perfect here right now. Just think, you have your wonderful winter to look forward to!! Miss ya!

Alishia said...

So it's settled. Your coming back. The move was jinxed. I'm sure we could find a house out here for you. At least it will be fall soon and you can open the windows. (I'm trying to find a silver lining here.)

Erin said...

Wow what a saga...I do not think I would have been as calm. I hope things have improved. Glad to hear you are adjusting and getting settled in...your neighbors do not know how lucky they are!