Sunday, August 3, 2008

Father's blessings....

Today after church Kurt gave all the kids there back to school Father's blessings. He started with Kacee and ended with sweet, never stop moving Katie. As each of the kids blessings ended they all gave Kurt a big hug - it was so sweet. Then they turned to look at me and said, "Mom why are you crying?" My answer being, "I don't know. I'm just not ready for you guys to be going back to school just yet. We really haven't had a normal summer." For those of you that know me well, that is not how I normally feel come this time of the year. I'm always ready for the kids to be going back to school. But not this year! Maybe it's because we are in a new house and I don't know anyone out here. I don't want to be alone on Monday!!!!!

Anyways, back to the blessing story. In Emmalee's blessing, she was blessed that she would be able to control her words better and be mindful of what she says to her family. Long story short, she was having a hard afternoon. She needed some time alone and about halfway up the stairs she turned and said, "I don't think the blessing is working" - so cute. Then we had a great teaching opportunity with Emmy about how blessings work. Hopefully she understood that she needs to do her part for it all to fall into place. She is such a blessing in our lives. What a sweet girl she is and a total blessing in my life. She always has a way of reminding me to just be in the moment and to always love being a mom. Thanks Em for just being you!!!

No comments: