Monday, August 25, 2008

Olympic sadness..


We are so sad , the Olympics are over! Well, I think/I know I'm the only one that is sad. The kids will be glad to be able to watch their shows again. I couldn't leave the TV for the last 2 weeks - I took over. And, all though I do love sports, I don't really love to watch them on TV. And, for sure not all the time. Kurt was saying the other day that he is so glad I'm not glued to the TV when football, baseball, or basketball is on. But I have to admit - if I can catch a BYU football / volleyball game or a Lakers basketball game on, I'll sit down to watch.
So, I've gotten nothing done the last 2wks and I'm so behind. Oh well, 2wks of Olympics was worth it. I just could not get enough of it. We lived in Provo, UT when the games were in SLC and it was so much fun to go to down town SLC. But, I have to say, getting the kids up early to go watch the torch run by was the ultimate. Kacee and Eric still remember. I got to see it run through the little town of Lompoc, CA were I grew up when the games were in LA- 1984 and I'll never forget that. Maybe some day my kids will love to watch the Olympics with me?!

No comments: